- Is it more flat or flatter?
- What is the meaning of letters?
- What is the synonym of flatter?
- Is flattery good or bad?
- What do you call a sweet talker?
- What is the meaning of flatter?
- What does it mean you flatter me?
- What does Don’t flatter yourself mean?
- What is the opposite of flatter?
- What is the antonym of silently?
- How do you use flatter in a sentence?
- What is an example of flattery?
- What’s another word for kiss up?
- What is another word for heart touching?
Is it more flat or flatter?
AdjectiveEdit The comparative form of flat; more flat..
What is the meaning of letters?
noun. a written or printed communication addressed to a person or organization and usually transmitted by mail. a symbol or character that is conventionally used in writing and printing to represent a speech sound and that is part of an alphabet.
What is the synonym of flatter?
compliment, praise, commend, admire, express admiration for, pay tribute to, say nice things about. pay court to, pay blandishments to, fawn on, wax lyrical about, make much of. cajole, humour, blarney.
Is flattery good or bad?
Flattery (also called adulation or blandishment) is the act of giving excessive compliments, generally for the purpose of ingratiating oneself with the subject. … Most associations with flattery, however, are negative. Negative descriptions of flattery range at least as far back in history as The Bible.
What do you call a sweet talker?
1. sweet talker – someone with an assured and ingratiating manner. charmer, smoothie, smoothy. dissembler, dissimulator, hypocrite, phoney, phony, pretender – a person who professes beliefs and opinions that he or she does not hold in order to conceal his or her real feelings or motives.
What is the meaning of flatter?
verb (used with object) to try to please by complimentary remarks or attention. to praise or compliment insincerely, effusively, or excessively: She flatters him by constantly praising his books. to represent favorably; gratify by falsification: The portrait flatters her.
What does it mean you flatter me?
When you flatter someone, you praise and compliment him or her — but you aren’t totally sincere. When you flatter, you probably want something — it could be as simple as wanting someone to like you. …
What does Don’t flatter yourself mean?
: to believe something about oneself that makes one feel pleased or proud Don’t flatter yourself—you don’t sing any better than we do.
What is the opposite of flatter?
What is the opposite of flatter?insultbelittleslurtauntvilifychidedebasedegradeslightsnub46 more rows
What is the antonym of silently?
What is the opposite of silently?audiblynoisilyloudlyvocallyaurallydistinctlyauricularlydiscerniblyrecognizablyUSclearly3 more rows
How do you use flatter in a sentence?
Examples of flatter in a Sentence Verb He flattered her with comments about her youthful appearance. It flattered her to be asked to sing at their wedding. That dress really flatters your figure.
What is an example of flattery?
Flattery is defined as praise or compliments, usually exaggerated or false. An example of flattery is a person who’s hoping for a raise telling their boss how great their new hair cut looks.
What’s another word for kiss up?
What is another word for kiss-up?trucklekowtowgrovelstoopsuck upbend the kneebe obsequiousbrownnosecajoleflatter105 more rows
What is another word for heart touching?
What is another word for heart touching?gratifyinghearteningcheeringrewardinggladdeningpleasingcheerystirringupliftingexhilarating32 more rows